- 2 cups basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 tbsp nuts or seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- himalaya salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ tbsp Shiro Miso + 1 tsp nutritional yeast
For the pesto:
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes
- Cut the sweet potato in thin slices of about ½ cm (¼ inch).
- Put your toaster on high and toast the slices three to four times, until they´re cooked through. You can also put a batch of sweet potato slices in a pre-heated oven.
- Put the basil and spinach in a small food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the sunflower seeds and process again.
- Finally, add the olive oil, himalaya salt and black pepper. Optionally you could add the Shiro Miso and nutritional yeast for extra flavour, but you could just use extra salt too. Process until smooth.
- Spread the avocado mash on top of the sweet potato toast. Top with spinach and slices of cherry tomatoes.