Serves 6 to 8
Preparation: 20 mins. Cook time 40 mins.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts (about 3 large leeks)
- ¾ teaspoon himalaya salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped pine nuts and parsley for garnish, optional
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in al large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Sauté for 6 to 8, until softened.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the broth and white beans. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer the soup to a blender with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Blend until smooth. Work in batches if necessary. Season to taste and serve with chopped parsley, pine nuts, red pepper flakes, and drizzles of additional olive oil, if desired.