Fact: we wash our hands a bit more often than average these days. The frequent washing with antibacterial soap can cause dry and chapped hands. Looking for to a natural, nourishing hand cream? You just make it yourself!
You need this to get started:
- 2 tablespoons shea butter (highly nutritious and fat)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (makes the skin soft and has an antibacterial effect)
- 2 tablespoons almond oil (moisturizing)
- (possibly a few drops of essential oil if you’re a a fan of a nice fragrance)
That’s how you get to work:
- Melt the shea butter, coconut and almond oil in a pan of boiling water au bain-marie.
- When everything is melted, remove the pan from the fire and let it cool for 5 minutes before adding the drops of essential oil.
- Fill a glass weckpot or other receptacle with the still liquid cream. It will take a few hours before your hand cream starts to harden!
This post is also available in: Dutch