Jerk spiced Portobello Mushrooms with Cauliflower Rice & Mango Salsa
- 2 portobellos large, sliced into 3 or 4 chunky strips
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning (see recipe ´Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend´)
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 ginger thumb-sized piece, finely grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cauliflower, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 thyme small sprigs, leaves only
- 1 pinch clove
- ¼ tsp himalaya salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 ripe mango, cubed small
- 1 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion finely dices
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch (himalaya)salt
- Combine all the Portobello mushrooms marinade ingredients in a bowl, except the mushrooms (see part ´portobello mushrooms ingredients´ and the recipe ´Jamaican Jerk seasoning blend´).
- Place the strips of mushroom in the marinade and leave them there for an hour.
- Dehydrate at 46 degrees C / 105 degrees F for three hours. (If you don´t have a dehydrator then just marinate them overnight before serving. In that case, bake the Portobello at 200 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Grate all ingredients from the ´cauliflower rice´part until rice-like.
- Combine the ´mango salsa´ ingredients in a bowl and serve with the
mushrooms and rice.
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend
Makes ½ cup
Preparation 5 min.
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp himalaya salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container (up to 3 months)