Preparation 10 min. Cook time 10 min.
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
PECAN TOPPING (optional)
- 2 cups pecannuts
- 1/8 cup agave syrup
- fine himalaya salt, to taste
Place frozen banana slices in a food processor and blend until smooth. Initially, the mixture will be a bit crumbly but if you persevere it will soon (5 minutes tops) change into smooth and super creamy banana ice cream. If you are after a soft serve, consume immediately. Otherwise, place the smooth banana mixture in a freezer-friendly box and freeze until solid. Let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
- Heat up the oven to 175ºC/350ºF and line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper.
- Put roughly chopped pecannuts in the middle of the tray and pour 2 tbsp of agave syrup over them and quickly mix everything together. Season with a little bit of himalaya salt and spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Pop the mixture into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. The edges will brown sooner than the middle so you want to remove the brittle from the oven when the edges are lightly browned but not burnt. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool and crisp up.